Tuesday, September 22, 2009

P-Day One Day Early

Pday was one day earlier this week.

I am not sure what to write. We found a Mandarin family consiting of three sisters and their individual families. They are the Tang family. The middle sister brought her husband and mentally handicapped 28 year old son. Her son's name is Zhang Li and his dad's last name is also Zhang. I really like Zhang Li, he really liked church and grinned at me a lot. I also like how he keeps saying that my Mandarin is good. The youngest sister brought her fifteen year old daughter and made me take take pictures with her alot. I"m sure it was inappropriate. But I am a Mandarin so rules don't really apply to me.

I am almost recoverd from my wallet mishap. My new companion makes me food a lot. He is very relaxed. I like him. We ate dinner with his uncle who came to Hong Kong on business. He is half Taiwanese. His mom came to America at age 2 so he is not really like Elder Dodge.

I can't wait till Chester (a recent convert) is ready to fellowship with us. He is so rad.

I am only staying here one more move. We have a goal for three baptisms (not including mainland visitors). I really like it here and wish that I could be the one to work with the Tangs. When they came to church, which was about an hour away from their house, the oldest sister wanted to purchase a Gospel principle's book. All three of the sisters are Christian, but the second sister's husband doesn't really even beleive in God. They pretty much want to continue coming to church and meeting with us. I felt really cool sitting next to seven investigators at church.

The reason I know that I won't be here is because it is very easy to predict Mandarin companionships with 100% accuracy. For instance I knew that Elder Bendall would be my second companion my first week in Hong Kong. Elder Bendall will pretty much train Elder Kershisnik. And whatever work I aid in over here in the West (New Territories as well now) will be completed by him.

It is slight extrapolation but is it possible that I will be Kershisnik's second companion.

we want to open the overflow. We have about four hundred people on our branch roster and only about sixty show up on Sunday's. It's actually not about reactivating less actives. Most of the people who join go back to the mainland and are never heard of again. The way to open the overflow is to find new people. I wish to find more permanent residents though. Preisthood holders as well.


I hope that's enough rambling. I am still pretty terrified to make phone calls in Mandarin. I have been out for four months, which means I only have like twenty more. I haven't even really done much. I don't even speak Mandarin yet. Two years is not long enough.

华长老

No comments:

Post a Comment