My Father, I wish I had your magical language powers. Cantonese really shouldn’t be this hard to pick up since it is a language almost entirely composed of cognates with Mandarin. I am pretty sure it is mostly the pronunciation that makes it nearly impossible.
We actually have a whole ton more investigators. Mandarin investigators only fall into a few categories. We have received one of each of the "Mandarin Tutor", "College Student" and “difficult married to Hong Kong resident-type marriages” varieties. Surprisingly, the "difficult marriage" type of investigator makes up the majority of our ward members. The College Students always leave after getting baptized it seems. All of the investigators we have are women excluding Tang JieMei's husband who fancies himself a strong Atheist.
Thanks for the great package. I wish I got warning so I could say that I already had four pairs of shoes. The clothes were great. I probably haven't been sharing the goodies that well. I actually did share the shoes with my companion. His right shoe had a hole worn into it and it rains a lot in Hong Kong. Since I probably don't need replacement shoes for about a year I lent them to him.
I haven't really gotten too much mail. I haven't written a single letter yet. I'll do my best to write one today.
I am getting less scared. I might start talking to people on the subway. I will probably go senior companion next move. I will struggle.
I love you all, I know you love me.
Hua Zhanglao
(Elder Wall)
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment