Thursday, September 17, 2009

Computer Frustrations

Just to let you know I did write. The computers here are just satanic. They take like ten minutes to log in. I wrote my letter and then clicked send with many minutes to spare. It said that it had logged out and to log back in to start a new session. I did but the time ran out just from logging in.

I would rather die than hand write something after spending so many headaches on an email.

Laura, I do receive your letters, thanks for your support. I love you and you're great.

Tatiana thanks for writing me too. Also aunt Sue a while back.

Its a shame you didnt get to receive my email I labored over last week. Its way better than this weeks email is going to be.

I still don't feel like I have ever worked my hardest. I am really prideful and don't feel like I need it. I know this is sin. I am hoping for a devastating experience and that I am compelled to be humble like the poor Zoramites.

I want to be completely broken, and then, like muscle fiber or a bone, become stronger after the healing process. If you want to you, could probably pray for an angel to come and put the beat down on me.

I am reading the scriptures with more vigor (if that's how you spell it) than I ever have. I am getting the scripture mastery down, but only up to where I'm at in my reading. I am going to finish Alma today, I only have the war chapters to go so Im pretty happy about that.

I actually think the scripture mastery will help me. If I can't speak Chinese and can hand an investigator a scripture that is pretty simple, I don't have to know how to speak Chinese.

I still hate schedule, regiment and planning. I know if I do this, my ability to work my hardest will be greatly increased.

My companion and I are probably the most advanced in the zone besides Daoqi Zhang Lao (Elder Dodge). Of course this causes in me pride. I even get upest when my companion proves he is better than me. I mean jeez, he didn't even pass the AP test. Of course he didn't take it and if he had he would have received a 4 instead of a 3.

I am slowly approaching being able to read the Book of Mormon in Chinese. There really isnt much going on over here, a couple of Spiritual experiences every few seconds or so, but not much really going on.

I want to preform miracles. Not just sissy "I felt really nice" experiences, I want to perform actual legitamate miracles. I do know that it will take alot of doing all the simple and mundane things before I can. Also I should be content with the boring miracles that increase faith slowly and only add like a drop to my lamp.

So on my mission I had better be tired, hot, sweaty, hungry, sleepy, achy, embarassed, out-shined, broken down and breaking out.

I love you guys,

Hua Zhanglao (Elder Wall)

No comments:

Post a Comment