Sunday, May 1, 2011

4/27/11 Ferdinand from Camaroon

Dear Family,
Mother's day is the eighth right? I guess you could call so that I can talk in the morning sometime or at night after 9:30. I guess you would call me the day before at night to talk to me on the morning of Mother's Day. You could even call me on Mothers Day whenever. Mornings are good whenever but night is after 9:30 ish.

Anyway, last Sunday Rence and Erwin didn't show up. This week we are doing a undercover Sacrament meeting just for them to confirm Rence because they still can't make the normal time this week. I am wondering how powerful Rence really is. I do understand that employers over here are unreasonable though.

So I will leave way soon and maybe only get one baptism and leave two or three for Elder Edwards to finish up. For some reason the government gave him a lot of days last time. We had a African guy named Ferdinand for our investigator but I am pretty sure that he is a refugee so we can't baptise him. It sure seems alot like dad has baptised refugees in Germany and even in Rose Park. Maybe its just a Hong Kong mission thing. It also seemed alot like Ferdinand wants the church to support him too. he is way cool and completely understands everything and beleives it all too. Too bad, he has to be evading political persecution in Camaroon.

We are going to the all you can eat pizza place again today. James (the waiter) is sick so we couldn't meet with him and he probably won't go to work today. He wants to meet us though. How is James (the brother)? I was just wondering if he has black hair yet or has facial hair or fur. Is he still way skinny or has he any meat on his bones? Can I still run faster than him - of course.

I want technology when I get back home. I don't super regret purchasing a really awesome Chinese dictionary. I don't know if I want to go to BYU again because I can get the Stephen Wall Basement Scholarship. I also haven't registered for classes and it is way past my priority date, I am a junior you know. All the freshman have stolen my good classes so there is maybe no point. I could even take some classes at LDSBC. I wonder where I will work though. Maybe I want to work at Frito Lay moving boxes out of trucks and can live with the Rodriguezes. I don't know, I shouldn't worry about my future.

I am pretty sure that I will go to the most Mandarin free zone in the whole mission once I leave Macau. I did hear one good thing though. My recent convert from TKO, the one that Elder So and AP Li stole from me but still let me baptise moved over there in Tin shui wai so she can help me fellowship maybe. Its just a guess that I will go there, but with only ten Mandarins it is pretty easy to assume. Zhao Jiemei is so awesome, she moved a really far way; TKO and TinShuiWai are about as far away as you can get in Hong Kong from the way southwest to the way northeast. I bet that will be a tender mercy. I don't expect any success over there.

Anyways, I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment