Monday, March 28, 2011

3/24/11 Micau!

Hey guys,

I am really happy to be here in Macau. All of our recent converts from a year ago are still active and won't be recent converts by the time I get kicked out of Macau again. I am so happy to be back and this time we will teach and baptize a whole lot more Mandarins. I am so excited to get to be here again in this Asain-wanna-be-Vegas.

I hope that I can work hard and manage all of the phone numbers. Speaking of which, Elder Wyatt, my companion for about a week had lost our companionship's cell phone about a week ago. This makes things inconvenient, but in a country that is 26 square kilometers, it is still very manageable. I just have to carry a billion phone numbers around with me.

My new companion Elder Edwards is really cool so far. I liked him even before we both ended up in Macau together. I hope we can get a ton of work done. This field is so white and ready to harvest. I can virtually get anyone on the street's phone number. The only tricky thing is scheduling. I can see some baptisms happening soon. We just got a baptismal date set for April 24. Its a Mandarin college girl. Suprise! I don't super like that, but there are certainly a lot around that are willing to accept the gospel. I need a family though. I just contacted one yesterday oddly enough. The couple had a baby, when I asked how old it was they told me she was ten days old. I know that they live in Macau now. They are Mandarins too. They gave me their phone number and live really close to the church. I hope something can come out of it.

We attend the Cantonese branch, but the majority of last Sunday was done in Mandarin due to the large ammount of Mandarin student girls and the Taiwanese first councelor. The elders quorum president is from Fujian. Actually I think the poor Cantonese work over here is quite a shame. I am glad that I get English and Mandarin to work with. We had better get like four baptisms this transfer. I hope that one day I can be the branch president of a Mandarin Branch here. If I get a family, then that will be a great start.

I don't really know how to explain all of my happiness and joy. I need to do amazing things here for sure. Did I mention that everybody here loves me? or at least I imagine that they do. I like both branches very much.

Well that's all I have to tell you
I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment