Thursday, March 3, 2011

2/8/11 Chinese New Year

Hello family,

I can't go to BYU in the Summer? I think I might tell President Chan to change my departure date to June 17th. There's no point for me to be home at May 6th. Is this wise? I am quite trunky and app

arently a not very successful missionary. I hope there is still much good I can accomplish. I feel I have not yet completed what Heavenly Father wants me to do.

I totally don't have much energy anymore. I hope I get a spunky new companion who can't speak a lick of Mandarin. We'll find out tomorrow if I remain with elder Yu for a fourth transfer.

So anyway, I am so happy that all my brothers and sisters are baptised. A huge accomplishment for a family of our size. There are plenty of members over here who have children who still need to be baptised, but the parents went less active so the children have no opportunity. You are all so powerful, especially my PTA ruler mother and bishop father. I can't wait to see what things are like in Rose Park? (Hills?,Cottage?) I want to hang out at the cool library all the time up there in Salt Lake.

There are three or four people that say they will be baptised before I go home, so I kinda wish I could extend my mission to give them just a little more time to commit to a specific date. I'm pretty sure they aren't converted to me, I think I'm much too unapealing for that. I am way bald now and cranky all the time and have no enthusiasm; I am definately not true.

Chinese new year wasn't too bad this year. I just feel slightly bad about having single mothers take all ten mandarin elders out to dinner and afterward giving all of us money in red packets. Was it elisha who had a widow lady make a cake for him? I wish, this sister would miraculously not run out of finances after feeding the missionaries. I know that they will be blessed somehow.

Anyway, I am still pretty positive about the future and love you all. Things will happen in the Lord's time and all we can do is put forth a big effort and continuously do better, no matter what point we are at now.

Grandpa's butterfly picture is so crazy. I want to be that rad when I grow up. I might have turned into a crochety senile old man already though, it could be too late. This picture is way better than the one with him playing with a hanger. It totally lifted my spirits. hilarious.

I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment