My Dearest Loved Ones,
How yall doin'? I just finished eating a Korean BBQ buffet, it was in honor of Elder Yu. Elder Yu got sent back to Taiwan. Actually an apostle changed his mission call to Taibei, so it isn't that serious. He had problems with the Taiwan government suspecting him of evading mandatory military service. So anyways I am most of his mission experience in Hong Kong. I will miss him, I hope I learned him a thing or two. I hope he doesn't have any crazy stories to tell people in Taiwan about the Hong Kong mission. Im pretty sure he doesn't have anything negative that he learned from me. Poor guy, Elder Kershisnik said that Elder Yu's situation is like if I were to have my call changed to Denver Colorado and that made me ponder; I really feel bad for Elder Yu. I don't doubt that it was all in the Lord's planning, but I wonder why the Lord gave him to me for so long. He was probably supposed to give me some sort of edge with my mandarin or something. I have totally had the most Chinese people or people of Chinese decent for a companion than any other Mandarin elder.
I just remembered one thing, about my Chinese companions that I have had in the past. I wonder how you guys would feel if Elder So, one of my companions in Macau, living in our house while he went to LDSBC. He is really cool and smiley. He even smiles when he is angry. Super nice and musically talented. He wants to transfer to BYU after, he just doesn't have much financial support or good grades at this point. His parents are non members so weren't really sure what the heck he was doing spending alot of money just to stay in Hong Kong on a mission and not come home for mid autumn festival or Chinese new year. So, I wonder if So could could stay at our place if he gets accepted to LDSBC. It was me who suggested it to him, because our home has a extra room or two and I remember everybody in the whole world has lived in our basement before.
Anyways, it is quite likely that I could go back to the city of dreams next transfer. I was just looking at my grades at BYU and let out sigh of deep dispair. My young zone leader is so powerful, he just comforted me and told me to apply the Atonement in my life. Thats true, Jesus can help me change my academic life. I hope I can apply what I learned in the mission to improve my chances and carreer possibilities in the future. President Lin of our mandarin branch told me that I can start worrying about the future now. He also was trying to hint at me coming back and marrying some lady in our branch. I don't think that single mothers are my type yet. Pretty crazy branch president, he is kind of obsessed with baptismal statistics, I will miss him when I die in international work.
I read Nathaniel Gate's letter and saw that his letters and my letters are different. If there is anyway that my letters need to be more spiritual or less negative, let me know.
Thats about all I have for now, good luck in all your numberless endeavors, don't worry about the past Rafiki might whack you again if you do.
I love you all,
Hua Zhanglao
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment