Hello Everybody,
I am not upset at all for you guys not coming to pick me up. I pretty much have a lifetime to experience China. I will probably study abroad there if I ever have hopes of pursuing Mandarin. I totally don't need missionary regulations and parents preventing me from eating scorpions and purchasing chu ko nu's (an anchient chinese semi-automatic crossbow) from the market. I know that I really want to go to Macau now next transfer though.
About Elder So, I of course want to pretty much be his roommate. I want to see what Salt Lake has to offer and save money by bumming off my parents. LDSBC or the BYU center in Salt Lake are good, I would rather not waste all the religion generals and stuff that I took by going to the U. It still isn't certain if Elder So can get in yet but I really think its so cool that my parents would be willing to take on a Chinese child. I think he's 24 or 25 actually.
Although I am pretty sure I never said I was interested in business. I remember how football discount cards went for me, I pretty much sold none. I couldn't really get people to purchase aerating either. Now I am over here selling a product that is actually true and that everyone really needs and it doesn't even cost anything and I'm not having much success. So no, I don't want to do business at all.
About living in Provo though. I had the craziest I idea ever. I really like children and children's books and stuff and I want to use Chinese, but not in a business sense. I totally think that I should be a teacher at Wasatch if it still does dual immersion a while down the road. It sounds way difficult, but Elder Coswer said that if I marry a Chinese lady, than I can do it pretty easy, she could probaby teach also.
Then I could have my children grow up in several different bubbles all at once. I wonder how weird they would be once they went to a normal junior high.
Anyways, is that a good idea? It sounds probably like a dream or something. I do think lobster farming or nuclear power or an FBI agent would be pretty cool too. I do want to use Mandarin in the future, but I don't want to have to take advantage of a bunch of poor mainland factory people or have to do sales to people and sell them junk they don't need.
I wonder how Laos is. There are a lot of people form Cambodia and Thailand that come over here to do temple work I imagine Laotian people like them. The only other Laotian idea I have is from King of the Hill. maybe they're like Vietnamese or Hmong people too.
The work is doin' good and Elder Cowser should be able to scrape up some baptisms by the time I'm outta here. We have three baptismal dates for April, which is next transfer.
I love you all and hope that this letter was informative and doesn't make you think I'm trunky for the future or want to marry a Chinese lady or anything.
Hua Zhanglao
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment