Thursday, March 3, 2011

2/16/11 Elder Cowser and the Parable of the Opera

Dear Family,

Kevin (Elder Wall) said that I sang that "Give up the Funk" song in my sleep once. He started to sing along with me but then realized I was still unconcious and felt really creeped out. Some Elders talk Chinese in their sleep, its funny.

I don't seem to ever have much to say, but I usually look forward to emailing my family. Elder Cowser is a stud and has excellent missionary skills including language and contacting and teaching.

He came up with this great analogy on the spot during one lesson about how the gospel is like a symphony or something. he said that God was the composer and that a conductor was like a prophet. there are so many different interpretations of music that you can't really know how the composer really wants it to be played with out a conductor who can chit chat with the composer.

He was telling this to a kid who was way into opera, so he just ate it up. He's powerful.

We went to the temple today, it was nice and peaceful. I pretty much did my scripture study for the day in the celestial room. I love my temple. I am barely in Second Nephi 31 as of today. I enjoy all the stuff on baptism. It spells it out so nicely. I told you I'm trying to finish the Book of Mormon in Chinese right? I wonder when I should give up.

Its hard to say who our investigators are at this moment. people just got back from break and are hard to get ahold of. I think we probably need to start all over from scratch. We just got three new investigators recently. Elder Cowser is just that much of a maniac. Of course they are all single mothers(including mainland woman married to a Hongkong dude) or female college students, but I guess they are people too, we will probably seem baptisms soon.

Im going home June 17th which seems like its pretty soon to me. Actually its a ton of time and I can probably get alot done. I hope I can finish strong.

There's a scripture in Galations by Paul which says that we are all in some sort of race and that there can only be one winner, SO RUN! that ye may obtain. or something to that effect. Our companionship theme for this transfer is RUN!

I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment