Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9/10 - The Real Meaning of Christmas

Did I tell you yet? I'm gonna be Santa Claus again. Sometimes I go to primary because my companion will play the piano for them. When we were in primary last Sunday and the teacher talked about Christmas, all the little kids started chanting that I was Santa. I don't particularly like it, but because I am the only Mandarin elder who is fat I am pretty much obligated. I wish I could lose fifty puonds, I bet you will all look so strange when I get back. I look the same but with less hair

I hope you send me a Christmas family photo and I can be jealous of how skinny everyone is. The weather isn't hot anymore, so I can't sweat away the pounds. Not that I did when it was hot. The public transportation in this city is pretty phenomel. I don't need to walk very often or ride a bike ever. I can just get on the bus or subway or train.

I wish I could watch an interesting movie every now and then, it seems like a million movies came out since I came on my mission. There are also like a million "classics" that I haven't seen before my mission. Then I realize that probably a whole lot of those movies would be a huge waste of time and that I wouldn't enjoy very many of them. I wonder if any of you have seen the church movie about John Tanner. That movie was unbelievable, it blew my mind. I wonder why I had never heard of that story ever before, it was just too amazing. Its in the D+C supplemental videos.

So I want all of you to know the real meaning of Christmas, because it is totally commercialised over here. It is kind of close. Next Christmas I will totally be home and could be married or something.

My family is actually way awesome, it took a mission of seeing other people's broken families and the terrible way parents spoil their children (not that my parents aren't guilty of spoiling me) and the worldy priorities that people put before their families over here, just to help me realize that we are pretty rad. We are just ultra powerful. My dad is a bishop, now there's power!! Just kidding, it just helps me know more that he is called of God.

I love you all

Elder Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment