Thursday, December 2, 2010

11/24/10 The Random Man-child in Hong Kong

亲爱的家庭,

除了我爸爸以外没有人可以看得懂我写的事。你好james,你的中文怎么样? I am very satisfied with my purchase of that electronic dictionary. In fact I don't need anything for christmas because of how much I have wasted on the dictionary.

Anyway I just ate a huge thanksgiving dinner this morning. We have another one tonight too. I think that Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays. It was really adorable when Elder Yu came up to me and told me that he was really sleepy and didn't know why. I told him that it was the thanksgiving effect and that turkey has some sort of chemical that puts people to sleep. Then he was wondering what the sauce was and what it went on. I told him that it was gravy and that it went on everything. he was so adorable on his first thanksgiving. he turns nineteen tomorrow. I am grateful for his patience with me and for any Chinese that i learn from him.

I am most grateful for families, although I am the random man child, I still feel like I belong in my family. I really do miss you guys, honest. I do feel left out in all the adorable baby stuff. Can I adopt a little Chinese girl in mainland after my mission? I can worry about a wife when I get back to america.

Yeah so I am feeling pretty okay with my mission. if we get Xia, his wife and eventually his daughter I will feel like my mission is complete and I can feel most satisfied with myself. Both Xia and his wife want to take me around china, can we? I like him, he is so mainland. His wife was so astounded with him quitting smoking, she thanked us alot and really felt her husbands testimony. In her very first prayer, she asked heavenly father to help her join the church as soon as possible. My mission feels so fake and yet so awesome, totally a miracle. I have no doubt in my mind that mainland will explode once its open to missionary work. I hope to be one of the first mission presidents or MTC presidents one day. Sorry if I sound negative sometimes. I can't wait until after my mission and things like mandarin steeling missionaries don't really mean anything to me.

This is the life, I hope I can keep it up for a couple more months. I am so tired and sleepy.

We must be grateful. I hope you can feel how grateful I am. When I get back I will totally try and help out and stuff. I just cannot explain how grateful I am to have such a strong, powerful, active and caring family. 真的很感谢你们。

我爱你们,每一个人,

华长老

No comments:

Post a Comment