Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry 2010 Christmas!!

Christmas was so good, thanks for calling me! I am so glad that I have a pretty cool family. So did anyone get anything way awesome for Christmas? I told you I got a birthday package for Christmas right? Also there was a beautiful flower drawn by Alyssa wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. It made me really proud to be a mother.

I am remaining with Elder Yu for a third transfer; the longest I have ever had one companion. I hope we can continue to do good work. For some reason I end up getting really tired of most of my companions at about two moves. I was under the impression that President Chan was aware of this and would not suffer that I should remain with one companion for more than two transfers. I guess I was wrong. I do need to exercise patience. Eventually I guess I will remain with one companion for enternity, so nineteen weeks isn't really much time at all, let alone six to twelve. I just feel that an attractive lady of my choosing will probably be easier to get along with. Actually I feel most of my previous companions were handsome in their own different ways, I just don't think any were my type.

I think I recall Peter telling us that he had a companion that he wanted to marry the girl version of. Is Emily that girl? I'm curious.

So anyways, I want to know what new years resolutions I can attempt. Any suggestions. I think I'm gonna do the 365 push up challenge. Where on January first, you do one push up and then on the second you do two and so forth, all the way to december 31 where you do 365. I wonder if that's possible. Its not a leap year next year is it? I would sure hate to have to do 366.

Maybe I should just resolve to write in my journal once or twice. I really failed this year, maybe I never wrote in it this entire year. I have no idea what to write in it. The only things I can think of writing in it, I have already wrote in a letter back home.

Its way better to recall stories and experiences incorrecly, with interesting embellishments (thats not how you spell it) and fictional additions added in. If I wrote a journal, then I couldn't take creative liberties when I retell mission experiences. People would totally say, "thats not what you wrote in your journal about it".

I think that the closest I could come to writing a journal would be a semi-autobiographical fictional short story that involved fantasy elements.

So I want some suggestions and hear what others have resolved to do. I know that through the Atonement of Christ all are able to repent and better themselves. It is really hard to improve yourself without goals, believe me.

We could potentially get seven baptisms - three almost for sure. I thought you'd like to know how powerful we are. Elder Kershisnik is a zone leader now. Thankfully, I am still Elder Wall, the ex-district leader.

I love you all.

Hua Zhanglao

1 comment: