Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Old Man Christmas

Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Dear Family,

I am so excited about baby Ezra. I like that name. I also like how Gideon at 16 months can talk and tease his dad. Levi must talk now. Mikey must be in full sentences. How is Jordan's speech? Pretty much perfect by now huh?

I just wonder how I sound to Chinese people when I speak their language. I bet its pretty funny. I just about die every time I hear one of them speak English.

The ward decided that I am going to be "Shengdanjie lao gong gong" (a vocab word that I thought I would never use but still learned anyway). Which basically means that Santa isn't real and that I have to be the impostor who goes around claiming to be him.

I liked Thanksgiving, I had about three - so don't feel bad about me. Today we have another.

I am progressing as far as confidence goes. But the Lord has placed quite a few people in front of me who will engage me in conversation first so that I don't have to be too outgoing.

I liked the family pictures. I don't know about getting a photo of girls from efy. By the way I wonder if its possible to get that girl's address so I can write her back. Her name is Alison. Sonya also wrote me. The one who played the trumpet. She took world religions from Brother Choi because I recommend him. I'm so glad that Kevin suggest for me to take that class. I pretty much have more knowledge of people's own religions than they do themselves. You can pretty much know that they are a foolish tradition.

I know people named Yuki, CoCo, Angel and Candy. Actually I know a lot of people with these names. They are the most common ones. Very suspicious names if you ask me.

I know somebody named Ocean someone else name Star. Those are translations of their Chinese names.

There isn't much graffiti. Its in poor English and pretty funny. "Death: the ultimate high" and "Visit China before China visits you" I can't remember the really good stuff.

The school kids wear uniforms. I have no idea what their schedule is. Hong Kong is probably safer than Japan. Everybody here idolizes Japanese things. Hence the "Japanese" name Yuki that is so prevalent.

There are quite a bit of homeless people. What's funny is that a whole lot of them are Mandarin.

About two kids is the average per family.


Bird's nest soup is too expensive. So is the shark fin variety. I ate a duck head once. I didn't know it was a duck head until all the meat was off and I realized it looked like a skull. I thought it was funny. I guess brain pretty much tastes like everything else.

I love you all,

Elder Wall (Hua Zhanglao)

--
Missionary Son
Elder Stephen Wall
Hong Kong Mission
#2 Cornwall Street
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment