Nov. 19, 2009
Sounds like everything is going great over there! Right now its probably the coldest its ever going to get (in the 20's Celsius). I still sweat profusely. I think that I'm going to live in Hei Long Jiang when I grow up. Its really cold over there and there are Russian people and Mongolian people and Korean people.
I like being a missionary. I recently bought a 20 questions game in simplified characters. Its an amazing study resource; now I can ask people if things are bigger than a bread box using Mandarin. I still don't know how to be interesting when I write. My companion is really helpful and pretty loving actually, he seems to care about me and is really helping me conquer my problem with being shy and not having much confidence. I will probably be with him next transfer again.
I think I forgot to mention that my first companion that I had is about 26 years old. I put that in perspective; isn't that older than Peter? [no - Peter is 27] I have really grown to love him too. He got pulled from Mandarin work and will go home in Cantonese work. I will miss him.
Noah tears it up in mandarin. he also isn't too shy. I really do enjoy his sense of humor.
I have officially lost track of how many baptisms I have had.
We have one investigator who is really close to baptism. The 22nd of Nov is her goal. her name is Elsa. I think she's as old as Laura - but Laura has two babies now.
Dad is too busy. I don't think that I'm quite as busy as him and I'm a missionary. Aren't I supposed to be more busy than him?
I enjoy bragging about how smart my dad is and how loving my mom is for having nine children.
I love you all
hua zhanglao
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment