Thursday, November 5, 2009

Burst Worthday 11/5/09

Family. This has been the burst worthday I have ever had but I think baptizing people is probably the best birthday party you can have though. Yesterday I confirmed for the first time, which in case you didn't know includes a blessing that is dictated by the spirit. It was rough and I don't believe I was exactly saying what Heavenly Father wanted me to say. We had a Thanksgiving dinner yesterday too. Today we went to the DBC with all of the main-landers who got baptized and their friends, I bought myself white suspenders for my birthday.


Members over there are pretty hilarious. There was a branch president who came with the group of about sixteen. He was baptized about seven years ago in LA. He was a little misinformed and was telling the visitors that we worship Joseph Smith, and also asking if they had purchased their garments yet. Nice guy though.

We also have an investigator who is from the west part of China. His last name is Liang, he has mental problems and hangs in the park but his wife is very sane and loving. He kept showing us his card that said that he is mentally handicapped, evidently he wasn't handicapped when he first came to Hong Kong looking for a job. He kept saying what a hassle it was to be retarded. He seemed very with it to me. We asked him if he had prayed before, he said yes. Then we asked what praying did for him. He gave the best answer I had ever heard. I was stunned how he could be handicapped, so much that I was a little too shocked to talk. Then he asked if I knew how to speak mandarin and if I really understood his answer. So anyway he can't really come to church because its so far away and costs a lot of money because he can't work. This place is a buffet of languages. One time I was talking with a Pakistani child with the couple of Cantonese words that I knew.

In the course of looking at Liang xiansheng's disabilities card so much, I saw his name that wasn't Chinese. I tried to pronounce it. It turns out that it was Kazakstani - pretty rad.

I want to learn all the languages Tagalog, Cebuano, Thai, Arabic. Too bad I'm struggling with the easiest on of them all: Mandarin.

I enjoyed the packages. I like that I got sent pictures of me and girls. That truly shocked and amazed people. I was reminded of how I hadn't written back one of the girls in the picture. I tried to get mom to give me her address but I guess I had too many friends named Alison on Facebook. Maybe she could find the address to a girl named Alison who is in the picture she printed off for me, and then tell her my sincere apologies. I wrote Jessica and Katy. I hope they received the letters, it was about three or four weeks ago. I got a letter from Elder Dodge. And I get emails from Laura a whole lot. Maybe mom can send me pictures of Jessica and Katy next time :)

I need confidence. I am too scared to rap for people and to do my Bill Cosby impressions. But worst of all I am pretty scared to talk to people. My mission is a fourth of the way over now. Pretty soon I'm going to be home and regretting what a poor job I did.

I love you all, the church is true

hua zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment