10/22/09
I bought the shaving cream because that's the only shaving cream they have in Hong Kong that isn't soap and shampoo as well. The truth is my electric razor got fried the first day I was in hong kong because I stuck it in an outlet that had too high of a voltage.
We pretty much eat out everyday because we are never close to home. It isn't as bad as it sounds because Chinese food is really healthy, also its only equivilent to like a dollar or so American. But the travel is always what kills me.
I would like more photos to show to my investigators and mainland visitors. Preferably ones that include me. But its not that necessary. I only really want deoderant for my birthday.
Mainland visitors come down and get taught all the lessons, then get an interview, then get baptised and then get confirmed. Previous to coming they need to be recomended by leaders that are in the mainland. A whole lot of the people we teach know the lessons backward and foreward, but also many don't hardly know anything. We just barely baptised a visitor a few days ago. Her brother was a member who lived here in Hong Kong so we got him to preform the baptism. Her baptism was in Cantonese and her confirmation was in Mandarin. The guy who did the confrimation was a leader from the mainland with a "president" title; he actually didn't quite know how to do it. I'm just glad that I didn't have to confirm her like we had planned.
I really like what my sister Tatiana wrote about the Russian elders. I enjoy hearing about all the kids in all the families. I do like to use English, but my companion tells me to speak Chinese when I talk English to people. I'm proud of everyone. Happy Birthday to Laura and Jerrica.
I don't know if I wrote enough. Let me know if my emails don't cut it.
Love,
Hua Zhanglao
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, who reads the comments? I don't know who I'm commenting to. I enjoy reading Stephen's letters. I'm sure he is making progress. If he feels the Spirit and feels Heavenly Fathers love, then I'm sure he will be successful. Kevin bore his testimony at Stake President meeting last night. I of course didn't get to hear it though. He should receive his call in about a week. We are excited! Then we'll know more about what to plan for the holidays etc.
ReplyDeleteStephen, do you ever get my emails? I feel neglected as far as a name drop in your letters but maybe my letters aren't interesting enough to respond to?
ReplyDelete