Hi Family,
Daphnie? HAHA I think if its a boy it should be Scooby or Shaggy. Tatiana and Laura want personalized letters? What I say to one I say to all. I feel left out with all the babies coming when I'm not there. I'm just the isolated manchild who lives in China. I dislike writing letters but if Tatiana and Laura want me to send them each emails I suppose I could (probably next p-day).
Work is alright. We are receiving more and more investigators. We are maintaining a few but mostly we just drop them. I found a guy from Shanghai who will come to general conference and his last name is Mao Zedong's Mao. I personally would prefer him to come to a sacrament meeting and priesthood meeting. It takes a lot of faith to endure a general conference, but if he can endure a two hour session of conference he can certainly endure three hours of normal church . Ours isn't until this Saturday (today it's Thursday). I assume it has already happened over there.
I don't really know what to say. I need more confidence, I just barely passed off the first lesson in mandarin for the language recognition program. Once I pass off the five lessons then they will "allow" me to study characters. I just study them anyway. The Gospel principle's book is very helpful as well as all of the lesson pamphlets. However they are only in characters. Once I get the lessons passed off, the character pass off will be a breeze. I mostly just want to teach well, I could care less if people think Im a Chinese genius. I do have a desire to do Cantonese pass offs once I'm a Mandarin Language Legend.
To answer Dad's questions. We live in Kwai Fong, our Area is Kowloon west, which includes Lantau Island and the area where the Temple is. Our mandarin branch meets in Wanchai in the Hong Kong island in the most expensive piece of property the Church owns, on the sixth floor. We have about five Melchizedek (if that's how you spell it) priesthood holders. So many members are just mainland ladies who married a Hong Kong guy. Its not true that ALL their husbands are dirt bags, some are very loving respectable people, they just speak Cantonese and probably can't learn the gospel in mandarin. We have a lot of white mandarin RMs who were asked to join our ward to help out. I can already imagine the Mao Zedong brother being a worthy priesthood holder.
I'm sorry but emailing photos is a huge hassle.
Anyways, I love you all.
Hua Zhanglao
In regards to the rap battle, how do you know it was obscene if nobody could even understand what they were saying?
ReplyDeleteIt was probably the gestures.
ReplyDelete