10/15/09
I don't know if I said it already, but I think my mission could probably be compared to like a Russian elder in Ukraine or Lithuania. Everybody basically speaks Russian over there but they kind of despise it for communist reasons. Over here basically everybody knows Mandarin but despise it for communist reasons as well.
I want my sister Tatiana to tell me about the Russian elders (there were Russian elders right?) and to tell me about how rough they had it.
My father. I have only written in my journal four times since I have been in Hong Kong. I got inspired to turn it into a rhyme book to improve my rapping skills. I saw a Cantonese rap battle in the mall once. I pointed out that that wouldn't fly in America because it would be way to obscene for children to hear. Plus not even the natives we had with us at the time could understand what they were rapping about.
I just don't know what to say. I might be progressing. I still could use more confidence. I'm pretty sure that the level of fluency in a language exhibited by a person depends greatly on their confidence. Is this right dad? Was my grammar correct in that sentence? I don't think it matters if it wasn't because I totally typed it with confidence.
I just need to pray harder and study harder probably. I do have problems with sleeping. I totally sleep in sometimes and I am still sleepy throughout the day.
I think that I would like deodorant for my birthday. If at all possible I would like the "Aqua Reef" or "Old Spice Red Zone" or something like that but its not totally necessary.
Over all I feel my Savior's love and your love and the Spirit quite often so don't worry.
Continue to tell me what to write you and I will try to follow your commands. This time it's impossible to send pictures. I don't think a picture of the temple with me and my companion is really possible because of how close the temple is to the sidewalk.
I hope this letter isn't too lame. I spent a lot of time writing it. I did spend a lot of time reading all of the excellent emails that I received.
Wo ai nimen.
Hua Zhanglao
ps I think DD's name is Elain but maybe it has another "e" at the end
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment