Sunday, September 19, 2010

9 Sept, 2010

I had a pretty awesome day yesterday. I just felt like I worked hard all day and I didn't really go finding at all. I hate finding in the hot sun. I like traveling from place to place on the subway and talking to people on that. I just can't explain it very well but it was probably the best day I have had since I left my Macau.

I feel like we can get someone baptised eventually although it probably won't be a family. The Zhu family is seriously hindered by the dad. He wouldn't schedule us because "Its raining really bad tomorrow". Like we wouldn't be meeting inside the chapel or something and he couldn't use an umbrella for the two minute walk from his home to the chapel. As it turned out, that day it didn't rain a single drop at all. I wish he just told me that he wasn't interested in meeting that day, it would be alot better than saying some ridiculous excuse and blame not being able to come on his daughter. I wish we sould just meet his daughter and wife. He is what makes it a family though, and he could potentially hold the preisthood. I wish dudes weren't such dirt bags over here in China. It gets tiring teaching single mothers and ladies.

I just feel like a small something is missing from my mission. I just don't feel completely satisfied with it quite yet. I had a terrible dream once that my two years were up with the same ammount of experience that I have now. It was pretty depressing. I just reasoned to myself that it wasn't the end of the world to waste my mission and that I could pick up all the skills that I still lacked somehow later in life.

At least I have eternity to develop talents and learn and progress right? I have changed I'm pretty sure. Macau changed me.

Anyways that's boring to just talk about me. I'm pretty sure its essentially the same letter week after week and you might be tired of it. There are so many Chinese students getting baptised in the world. Some people's mission calls are essentially just for those Chinese students. There is a MIT grad who just moved to Hong Kong. She learned the gospel in English and got baptised four years ago in America. I originally wanted to use her for fellowshiping because she is from Taiwan. But sadly because she was taught in not her native tongue, she pretty much knows nothing, so we are meeting with her to teach her about the gospel in Mandarin. She claims that the Chinese translation of the Book of Mormon is terrible but she can't understand the English. That bugged me because my father translates the Book of Mormon for a living. I imagine we will slam her with the word on this Friday. She hadn't even heard of Lehi's dream and didn't know if Lehi was the dad or the son. Anyway, when we're done, she will totally help out the branch.

That took about an hour to write, sorry.

I love you all

zai jian

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment