Dear family,
I enjoy teaching lessons and I enjoy the Chinese language. Can life get better than this? As far as physical things I need, maybe I can just take money out of my account and buy shirts and maybe a suit. It is very cheap over here if you go to the right place.
So recently, no investigators really understand why coming to church is important. Maybe its my fault. There is one pretty cool investigator who just walked in to church one sunday who met with us like a million times in one week and came to a branch activity. She is pretty good, her name is sister Peng, she is super talkative so, although we have met with so so much, we havn't even got to the restoration yet. We just talk about baptism a whole lot. Kinda weird that thats how it worked out.
She is a mother who is nearly fifty and has a daughter who is 23 or so who graduated from MIT. We had the really less active girl named claire who also went to MIT to fellowship for Peng once. It went okay considering that Claire didn't know much. Claire wants us to teach her the book of mormon in english, I really don't want to do that at all. That is definately not what she needs at this point.
Anyways, I feel like I'm accomplishing things other than my purpose to baptise. Its okay I guess. I think hong kong would be a great city if everyone wasn't so unnecessarily stressed all the time and the weather didn't suck. I sent you photos of some sort of like building scenery or something. Its pretty cool being in a relatively big city. I also don't like huge population either actually.
The food though is pretty nice, the branch activity that we went on was to Lamma island and we ate so much delicious seafood and a million clams and a lot of cuttle fish and garlic scallops and schrimp and fish and delicious sweet and sour pork and it was amaising. Then we went on a lame hike in the rain with so many mosquitos. It was amaising.
Lamma island is in my area, I lthink I might so finding there one day.
I still don't write in my journal. i think I will start writing in chinese because then it will be more interesting and people who want to peek at it probably cant understand it, particularly Cantonese Elders. I don't think many people would really want to read my journal anyway though. It would be ten times more boring than my letters.
Anyway, I love the Old Testament student manual that I'm reading, it is way intertaining and helps my testimony and its weird too. I recommend it. I like how Jacob wrestled an angel and wouldn't let him go until he blessed him.
I love you all and miss you and cold weather and snow and mama's cooking.
Elder Hua Zhanglao
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment