Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 4, 2010

Man, I wish I could have gone on the vactation just on like a pday or something. America is way more interesting than Hong Kong. I really want to eat chilie, that is something that I miss. I remember the chilie cookoff the ward in Provo used to do. trunky.

I don't really know what to say but I am so glad that I have a family that loves me and stuff.

To laura, whitewash means to have two new missionaries in an area and they both have to familiarize themselves with all the investigators of that area as well as the terrain of the new area with out really anyone being able to introduce the missionaries to them. Thanks for writing me about journals and keeping up routines or projects.

I think we will get a baptism of the investigator that Ngai and I had eventually. We helped her move a little yesterday. She tried to feed us, but we know she is isnt that well off. so we both ran a way blaming it on being worried we wouldn't get home on time.

Elder Ngai goes home in two weeks. I am going to miss him. Elder Bendall the next transfer will go. I feel alot like my mission is almost over, and I have hardly anything to show for it. If I had a chance to do it over again...

Anyways, I really liked reading about the vacation. I think experiencing it would have been more fun though. I wish that I could say I was from DC, but I have to tell everyone that I am from Provo Ut instead. Even though I was born in Germany and lived in Japan and only spent seven or so years in Utah. People say that I am sheltered from living in Utah. There is a Chinese idiom that has something to do with a frog at the bottom of a well that I can relate to. I kind of liked being in a city with relitively amaizing moral standards. It is really disturbing passing all the freaky ladies on the way home that are just one street over from the Wanchai Chapel. I hate the worldliness of Hong Kong, I think it will be sunk or disintegrated or rent in Twaiwan. People honestly think that the meaning of life is money. The way to wish someone a happy new years is by saying "congradulations, get rich" and solicit red envelopes with money from them. That part of Chinese Culture seems disgusting to me.

Man, am I always so negative? I really do love it here and am having the best time of my life. I kind of don't want to come home, since the city I would be coming home to isn't really my home. My soul is just starting to quake at all the sin I come acrossed over here.

I exhort you all to pray for charity. I need alot more of this personally. Charity can work miracles and get things done. I like it.

Thats about all I can say with only an hours time. I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment