Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aug 11, 2010

Dear my family,

I am so jealous that you got to see a whole lot of things that are historically significant to my life as an American and as a member of God's latter-day church. I also wish I could have gone to those relatives' house and rode on their vehicles and modes of transportation. I enjoy it over here pretty well though, there just isn't the amazingness of America here, no free refills, customer service and you have to queue up for McDonalds instead of lining up. I'm working on an American translation of "Please mind the platform gap" I think that "watch out for that hole dude" would be accurate.

I have discovered that I have been making progress. Ever since I went to Macau I don't get mad or flip out at people anymore. Others have noticed it too, particularly my previous companions. I don't really get embarassed or fear "losing face" like a real missionary now. I am pretty happy. See? look how happy. I'm now longer one of these things .

Wow google mail has like a billion smilies. I do wish I could get in contact with old family and family friends (in person via vacation) like you guys.

How are everyones body parts after the trip? I am way suprised that my mom let those two in particular ride an ATV together. What was she thinking? ATV's are at least a thousand times more dangerous than bikes. I hope they at least didn't have their casts on still.

I enjoy teaching lessons, too bad I don't do that often, only a couple of times a week to be honest and a lot of less active work. Most of the time is spent trying to obtain investigators trough creative measures and through uncreative street contacting. Street contacting for a mandarin is particlularly tedious. I'm sure that I have explained it to you before. Next transfer though, which is very soon, I feel that we will have so much success that we will baptise somehow.

The work satisfies, even when there is not much to show for it but personal growth of the missionary.

Thanks for your support, love and vacation information that makes me trunky.

I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao (Elder Wall)

No comments:

Post a Comment