3/18/10
Actually my mailing address is still the temple in Hong Kong at #2 Cornwall street. I just rarely get the opportunity to go and pick up mail over there. I would have no idea how to mail something to Macau because all the streets are like Estrada Santa Xavier do Alfonzo al Costa Cabral de Carlos, and are way easier to read in Chinese than Portuguese. Why in the heck is everything in Portuguese? Its a good thing I know not to fumar in the elevator because of the Chinese and the picture of a cigarette with a circle and a cross though it. Our chapel has the church name in English, Chinese and Portuguese. All the bills we get are in Portuguese too.
Anyways, about Macau, the greatest place on earth. This place is just like a tame Las Vegas actually, most people work at the casinos; we do weekly planning at the casinos too. We sometimes tract next to the water fountain shows that happen.
There are actually many people who speak Mandarin over here, particularly at the colleges. We are getting Vietnamese investigators and we have a recent convert who is Vietnamese that we are going to use to fellowship. We teach way more lessons than I used to in Mandarin work. All the members try their best to fellowship and give referrals, also the find people like a missionary would. We teach lessons by accident about twice a day, usually with a member present.
I really haven't taken much pictures yet. I am pretty sure I will stay in Macau for six months so don't worry about me never getting any good ones to you. I sent a photo of all my previous companions. I will get a photo of my new companion soon.
I like my companion, he is really cool. He just turned twenty four. He likes to teach lessons for a long time though. Its good, but technically we are only supposed to teach for fouty five minutes maximum. I am used to teaching people for six hours at a time though, back when I was in Mandarin, so its no problem.
I kinda miss the Mandarin branch Victoria 3rd, I wonder if any of them miss me. We are going have Filipino night soon and I heard there is going to be balute. I am excited to try that. I will for sure get a picture. Speaking of disgusting poultry. I think that chicken with no preparation other than taking feathers off and some guts out is gross. Freshness in this case does not make it taste better. I dislike millions of bones and floppy skin all in my food. In Macau I don't need to eat that stuff, we have US mart. I am going over there right after I leave the Biblioteca Central de Macau.
I love you all. I will keep a better record of my mission this week. I like how my brother in law is famous. I think i might purchase the hint of lime Tostitos right now.
Hua Zhanglao
No comments:
Post a Comment