Thursday, March 4, 2010

Anticipating Transfers

2/25/10
I am way excited for whatever happens next move. I think it is very likey that I go to international. I really want to have variety in my mission. Instead of baptizing large amounts of mainland visitors I will baptize large amounts of humble Filipinas and Indonesians.

Elder Joshua Wallace- Came in at the same time as me, he is in international, pretty cool
Elder Jacob Reeser-came in same time as me, he is cool
Elder James Cowser (Mandarin, this is the guy who lives next door to
the Anderson's from Japan. He was our Branch Pres.)-Is he one who is coming in?
Elder Marcus Wingate-Has the same Chinese last name as me, pretty shy
Elder Lamb- tall white dude from Shanghai, pretty cool
Elder Blake Harper-I don’t know
Elder JD Quinn-I don’t know
Stephen Vidmar- Office Elder, way rad
Dexter Llybert-I can't remember who this is
Elder Cope-I don't know
Noah Kirshisnik (Mandarin)- Probably one of my best friends in the mission actually

My companions were Elder Lee, Bendall and Ngai

The reason I dont talk about Kong Zhanglao very much is because I don't talk about anybody but my selfish self in any of my letters and if I did you would probably all get the wrong impression about the guy (or sister I guess). I suppose I could start doing that if you really want me to.

I enjoyed my package, thanks. I makes me feel good every now and then to get one, but you don't need to go crazy. I can get cookies over here that don't cost a lot of shipping. Maybe I'm grasping the Chinese culture and only really want money. To be honest all I want is more Matis Yahu (Reggae Jew) in my life. I enjoy pictures though and am sorry about not ever being able to send them because the planets probably all need to be in alignment before I can. I was also extremely excited to receive a letter from my grandmother. I also liked how she defined "inversion" for me; in Hong Kong that’s all we get in our sky. I wonder how it could be so hot without a sun.

Speaking of money for gifts I got about 300 Hong Kong dollars (over forty bucks US) , but I have the stipulation of not being able to use it for "personal missionary use" , which can be interpreted however one wants. I guess about ten red pockets equivilated to 300 bucks.

Man, my time is almost up actually. Ummm. It sounds like life over there is the same old stress with working on children. People change, even children I've been told, because that's the meaning of life. I hope that I have changed because of my mission and my parents' stress. I enjoy life actually, which means I could be doing it wrong. I probably need a little bit more strenuous (if that’s how you spell it), stressful work ethic probably. The things that are most difficult are often the things that are most worth it. This is why there are difficulty levels on most video games.

Five minutes left, I really love you all. But maybe not enough to attend U of U. I probably will rely on the Dodges when I get back to maintain the mandarin that I have developed on my mission. I do like affordable living at my parents house though, we'll see, I still have forever left on my mission.

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment