Friday, April 22, 2011

04/06/11 Keep Praying for Me

Dear Family,

Today we are going to see the giant pandas. I am pretty excited even though I have heard that the pretty much just sleep a lot and lie around. I hope Elder Dodge gets my letter I sent him before he finishes his mission. I am so worried because I forgot his birthday; I can only remember it in Japanese because its like san kiu or something and he would always say like "san kiu berry much".

Anyways, I haven't seen conference yet. I hope that it was pretty amaizing. I really hope to find a whole family and bring them unto the gospel. If I can't do that maybe helping partial member families become all member families willl have to do.

I enjoy it out here although my investigators are few and lessons taught in a week are few as well. When it comes down to it, I don't quite have the finding investigators skill that I need. It gets tricky to move from "Hello how are you?" to "Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ". Goodness, I feel like a greenie again, I think I could be losing Elder Edwards


trust as a senior companion. Probably not, I just need you guys to keep praying for me and the rest just depends on my own faith. I just feel like I am getting rejected a whole lot more than a year ago when I was in Macau. Shoot, it seems like I never even got rejected a year ago.

I am starting to miss my family and hope that I can go on some kind of trip or have some kind of family reunion sometime after I come back. I am thinking about doing the study abroad in Nanjing eventually to help my Putonghua so I don't want to go to China with my family.

I am not so sure what to say, I bet I will have alot more after conference. I hope that the Lord's prophets can inspire and help me to get the fire back. I need to finish strong, I hope I can make taking my late departure date worthwhile.

I love the Book of Mormon, I don't know if I can finish in Chinese before my mission is over. I am on page 245 in the missionary study version with pinyin. I think I can still make it if I read eight to ten pages a day. I only have like seventy or so days left. Anyway, the Book of Mormon is true, I wish others wouldn't keep quoting revelations and interpreting it to mean that the Book of Mormon is false. I feel so good when I read that book and I know that it is a true history.

I love everybody,

Elder Hua

No comments:

Post a Comment