Hello my family how are you?
I am feeling like this is the happiest time in my life again.
We are having a baptism of Rence this Sunday, her husband will finally get ordained and immediately after Sacrament meeting will baptize her, if all goes well. While, my missionary skills aren't so amaizing, Elder Edwards and I are still gonna get like four baptisms together in the approximately sixty days that the Macau government will allow us to stay.
We just gave out a baptismal invitation to a Mandarin guy named Julian. he is so rad. I gave him the invitation using the scripture in Mosiah 18 at the Waters of Mormon speech that Alma gives. I asked him how he would answer Alma's question "what have you against having his Spirit poured more abundantly upon you?" or something like that I only sort of remember the Chinese. His answer was "lai ba!" something like "bring it on". Probably the best answer to a baptismal invitaion I have ever heard. He will get baptised on the eighth of May.
I enjoyed conference. I think it was aimed at making me ultra tunky. A million talks about marriage and how awesome women are. President Monson telling me not to have so much fun being single. My goodness. I am suprised that I can still get stuff done for the Lord out here.
Julian was a turn over by the Zone Leader companionship. They say they have a Japanese dude that they have ready for us too. I think that would be sweet to baptise a Japanese man. I only wish that I could speak to him in his native tongue. I get so uspet when people teach Mandarins in English. especially when there are actually Mandarin speaking missionaries available. Even though there aren't any Japanese missionaries in the mission I would feel kind of bad because my father could teach the investigator way better and that would be ideal.
Anyways, I love my mission. I wanna have you call me for Mothers Day, because the phone situation here in Macau is ridiculously expensive. I droped 200 patacas on the 40 minute phone call last time. thats like 30 US.
1. Are you taller? No, James is taller than me probably
2. How are your suits, shirts, ties shoes and socks?Nasty, but my mission is almost over, so don't worry about it.
3. How are your teeth. I made you an appointment in June for your teeth. Yellow, but I assume relativly cavity free
4. Do you hear anything about Noah anymore? He's a powerful zone leader and gets a good birthday present of me leaving.
5. Do you take pictures anymore? Maybe no, I am lazy and my camera never seems to have batteries.
Anyway, I love you guys
Hua Zhanglao
Friday, April 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment