Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hotdog Oatmeal with Barbeque Sauce?

Dear family, I just watched other side of heaven and pretty jealous of Kolipoki. My missionary experience could never make an interesting movie. Maybe that is why I don't write in my journal. We will be having a pretty big typhoon on Saturday though. Its all on the news and we got a special letter from the mission telling us about what precautions to take and stuff:

Elder Rickertsen,

Please give me the latest weather report of this typhoon Megi.

Please alert all missionaries to secure all windows in their apartments. They should have identified a safe place in their apartments in case the windows are broken by the strong wind. They should ensure that they have sufficient food and water storage. They should remain indoor if Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted.

Warm Regards,
President Chan

So its kind of like a terrifying storm will come and destroy the village of Hong Kong. Its supposed to be the biggest one to hit Hong Kong since the 70's. I am so excited. If my windows break, I will get a video of it.

Wow mom, you sound like you are working your tail off (literally). My goodness you guys. First you say how Jerrica is so small then you say how much you have lost. You are all little people now. Laura has almost lost an entire Jerrica. I am finally back down to 220 where I started my mission at.

The other day I was eating oatmeal with hot dogs and barbaque sauce in it. It was way good but gave me gas. My companion is constantly amaized at American food. Then I tell him that nobody would eat barbeque sauce and hotdog oatmeal but a missionary.

I definately need to talk to my companion in Mandarin more. He is so bright eventhough he is just eighteen. Quite mature; more than me. He is way ready to get up and go to do the work. He tells me to hurry up at least fifty times a day. fireball. I tease him about him not shaving, I tell him he needs to be obedient and shave everyday. He probably will never need to shave his entire life.

We don't have many good investigators right now, except this old dude named Brother Xia who is here looking after his college student daughter. Also a Lady named Susan and her daughter Jessie. Her daughter is twelve and attends school here in Hong Kong, but can't speak Cantonese and almost definately has no friends. She simply MUST go back to Shen Zhen every weekend to look at her huge collection of pets. I wish she could just see that if she came to church she could make friends with girls her age who speak Mandarin. We are praying that she will get the desire to make friends with people. Other than that, she is way good. Jessie and Susan are totally willing and ready to follow Jesus and read the Book of Mormon and pray. I just need them to forget their pets on sunday morning and come to church. I guess we do have pretty good investigators. Its a shame church attendance seems to be whats holding people back.

I want to do something amaizing, like Kolipoki, but that will take alot of faith and effort. I wish I could do that. Maybe I will just start writing a really embellished journal instead.

I love you all,

Hua Zhanglao

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sister Wall!
    I am writing a message to Stephen for his birthday. I hope you get this.
    Katy Seely

    Elder Wall-
    I sent you a Happy Birthday letter. Hopefully you'll get it. Probably not in time.
    In England, November 5th is Guy Fawkes Day. It's pretty rad.
    "Remember, Remember the 5th of November!"
    Keep it real.
    Katy

    Also,
    Q: Why did the Emo cross the road?
    A: You just wouldn't understand! :'(

    ReplyDelete