So there is always so much that I cannot remember to tell you. Our apartment has a ton of roaches and two guitars, I have been trying to figure out how to play the melody to "la cucaracha" and I got it stuck in my Taiwanese companion's head, I don't even know the words myself but it is the funniest thing to hear him sing and try and pronounce the word "cucaracha". I think someone must write me the lyrics so that I can sing it properly and serenade all the creatures that share our abode with us. I just remember about the roach being drunk and cant walk and how it doesn't have marijuana to smoke. Burracha? he zui jiu? caminar? zou?
I am kind of jealous of how Mexican the family is. There are legit Mexican food places here actually, but what I really crave is the fake Mexican food, give me some Taco Bell and grade D meat. It will probably be one of the first things I will eat when I get back. That and Panda Express or some Chinese buffet. I need the fake Americanized stuff. But KFC is so awesome here. I eat it way too much, they always have the best deals and special offers and the bucket is so cheap. I think I have eaten KFC maybe twice in America and like a million times over here.
Mooncake? Yeah I have eaten my fair share of that. What an experience. egg yolks surrounded by a thick paste that can only be eaten in the smallest of portions. It is also way expensive, so there is almost no point other than for the experience of trying something new.
I have baptised maybe ten people from Chengdu Sichuan. They like to eat way spicy stuff, usually boiled in a pot in front of you. I also hear that the most pretty Chinese girls are form Sichuan. They call them "la mei" or "spicy little sisters" in reference to the unnecessarily hot food that they eat. Does the lady who lives in Grandma's basement cook well?
I am so jealous of the world's missionaries. I bet half of the investigators in the world are Chinese people. Everyone can baptise one, except me; someone who is actually in China. The training videos we watched had a Chinese student baptism too. Tatiana can baptise one in Lithuana of all places.
We have taught alot of visitors that we baptise in one day, but I really don't get any satisfaction out of it. Me and my companion had to do it twice this week because everyone else has real investigators with scheduled appointments. This gives me stress because everything that can go wrong does just like Brother Murphey said. I always jack up the paper work forget a signature, write unclearly, don't fill up the font, and about a hundred other things. Its not as easy as you think, you should see how bald I am now, all thanks to mainland baptisms. The one we taught yesterday was a girl who got baptised in England who brought her mom over to hear the gospel and get baptised. Those England elders baptise Chinese investigators too.
Anyway, sorry to be so negative. I know the gospel is true and everyone is a child of God even if they are also a baptismal statistic. I am so glad that I have a chance to repent and get better everyday. The atonement of Jesus Christ is truly the best thing ever.
I love you all,
Hua Zhanglao
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment