Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baptizing Mainlanders on P-Day

1/25/10
Dear Family,

I was baptizing mainland visitors last p-day - which explains a late letter. I would totally love to show pictures but I think I fried my camera battery in much the same way I fried both my electric razors. I really love teaching all the lessons one after another. It saves so much hassle of having people come to church and investigate for months.

I decided that I can't really recall stories with very much accuracy. I just will be patient and show you the video of my mission when we're in the Celestial Kingdom.

I can totally still beat James in a race. Yeah, you could probably send me recipes, but there are only toaster ovens in our apartments. Actually Elder Kershisnik is kinda getting a reputation as a chef. I really would love receiving a Matis Yahu cd in a package. I don't really need much besides money. I got Peter's letter and a whole bunch from ward people.

I am pretty much same old same old over here. I really want to get sent to do English work in the International zone when all the new Mandarins come in. I feel my Mandarin is not horrible, so it could take a hit like that.

I wouldn't mind hearing mission stories from my father, brother or sister so I could know what kind of story I should probably share. I need advice on how to deal with atheists and people who say that Buddhism and Christianity are both right and are pretty much the same. Polar opposites: people who believe everything and people who believe nothing.

One time I was upset when a leader's wife had the audacity to say that her mission in Mexico was probably harder than over here because we get to start at square one and we don't have to deal will catholic misconceptions. False! The Catholic church is actually pretty big over here. You can Bible bash if you want.

Starting at square one is hard. I can't explain the Abrahamic Covenant or the gathering of Israel with nothing to go off of. I was also trying to explain what it meant to baptize the earth with fire when Jesus comes again to one of our investigators and I tried to bring up Noah and the flood but she had never even heard that story, let alone Israel and Joseph getting sold into Egypt. There is a large attraction/amusement place that is called Noah's ark in Hong Kong by the way. Surprisingly that investigator just tore up the Isaiah chapters no problem.

So I could probably use my father relating with me how he slammed people who said "There are many paths to the top of Fuji".

My testimony is growing and my life is getting happier and happier, I want other people to have that too.

I love you all

(Hua Zhanglao)

No comments:

Post a Comment