Sunday, January 3, 2010

Adorable Chinese Children

I asked Stephen, who drew his name for Christmas and what he got. He didn't say who he got and what he bought that person. I also closed telling him that I pray for him everyday and often pray that he will marry in the temple and raise righteous children etc, etc, etc.

Here is his response:

I got Elder Elia's (a senior missionary who checks our apartments) chopsticks. He thought it was a great gift and will probably remember me for the rest of my mission. He is a pretty humorous man from Hawaii - just like the previous senior couple was. I like his wife too.

I wish that you didn't write me about finding a wife and having babies. My kidnapping list is growing bigger everyday you know. Pretty much a whole lot of our investigators and less actives and home teaching people have adorable children who all know that I was Santa. I can't wait to grow up, geez mom get me all trunky.

I thought I had answered all of your questions. I really wish that I could write home super righteous things home to you guys like Elder Dodge does with his family. I think I might write him back today as well as a few other people. There are a lot of people that come through Hong Kong who also live in Vancouver, in fact I have also met some people going to Vancouver on their missions speaking Mandarin.

I am growing spiritually too. I feel the Spirit and enjoy my companion. I love scriptures and want to read the Bible in Chinese even though that's probably not the best use of my time. In the back of my copy there is a plan that tells you what to read every day in order to read the bible in one whole year and it is a huge temptation to make finishing the Chinese Bible a new year's resolution.

Today I am going to a really expensive buffet.

I love you all

Hua Zhanglao (Elder Wall)

No comments:

Post a Comment