Family,
That family that we found was pretty awesome. A family is so rare to come acrossed in mandarin work , so our new branch president offered to fellowship for us after I complained about not having very many people who could fellowship for us. I really think that we can eventually baptise them. Mainlanders are kinda like that. They are pretty humble and willing to accept and follow what the Lord asks of them. They do what it takes. In Hong Kong, we have a saying: If anyone stops, they are either crazy, or mainland. To be honest sometimes I don't like hong kong culture, very rude and very subborn, It's also really hot and humid all the time. Sometimes I wish I was in the mainland in the freezing cold north; then I could study russian as well and just be loved by everyone I came in contact with.
I am pretty content with my mission still. I was more content with Macau, but that's over with.
I am going to be tempted to quit once I baptise a family. That's the ultimate goal. No other Mandarin has done that before, at least not for several years. I would feel so satisfied if we got the Zhu family, my mission would be complete, at only a little over one year!
I bet there are more families out there though. I just don't know if I have the faith to do the impossible twice before anybody else.
James keep holding in there. One day you can realize and put everything into perspective. I am in the process of doing that. Having fun is like the opposite if the meaning of life.
Man, I don't have much to say.
What do you eat? Mostly rice with various toppers called cai
Who does the cooking? usually the owners of the little chinese resturants called fanguan thas is where we eat most often
What kind of eating out do you do? that is pretty much every single lunch we have and occasionally dinners as well
What are your favorite native meals? cambells new england clam chowder with a chinese label on the can
What is a typical day like? wasting time going around talking to cantonese people who reject you and teaching one or two lessons
What is your favorite scripture as a missionary? probably ether 12
What kind of wildlife to you see there monkeys, roaches, vermin
How do you pronounce a 'Y" in Mandarin? before an"i" or just a "u" its doesnt make a sound but normally just like english.
What city are you in?Wanchai on hongkong island
Are you working in wards or branches? victoria third branch (putonghua)
Love,
Hua Zhanglao
No comments:
Post a Comment