Thursday, May 20, 2010

Man, I love Macau

5/13/10
Man. I love Macau. But Macau doesn't love me. I have to leave in ten days and never come back for at least fifty days. The phone company also robbed me of all my Mother’s Day talking. Maybe I'll call just out of the blue sometime. I surely will miss the people here.

I never got the opportunity to get all those Vietnamese people. Too bad. I guess the work the Lord had for me do is finished over here with only a mere three baptisms after Sunday night. I will be trunky for Macau for the rest of my mission. I have no idea what will become of me now. I am pretty sure I will go senior. There is also a Taiwanese elder coming in a few transfers. I hope I get to train him. Im next in line to train by seniority.

When I come back from Macau I better appear to be a big dog in the eyes of the new elders, most of whom I don't know. The lessons that I have learned over here will perhaps aid me in the work over in the Mandarin branch. I will be a lot more friendly to people. I probably will long for friendly people who are not too busy to stop to at least say a quick hello.

We saw the Michael Jackson gallery at a casino named Pointe 16. We ate a buffet at a casino named star world. and we watched a dragon show and then a water fountain show at a casino named The Wynn. Today was a day to remember.

I am way bummed, but I realize how blessed I was to get to come here. It seemed like it was an impossible dream every minute. I will be slightly upset when Elder Kershisik will probably come and take my place. What a mission stealer!

I really loved Elder So. Too bad it was so short.

My Mandarin will probably get better though. I will probably go back to Mandarin work.

I don't think I’m ready to be a senior especially since I don't know my way around Hong Kong. I have lost most of my knowledge from living in Macau for a while.

Sorry I don't have much to say. I love all of you and I will try and make up my Mother’s Day phone call when I get back to Hong Kong.

Hua Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment